COVID-19 Safety and Vaccine policy
CivicActions' U.S. COVID-19 Safety and Vaccine Policy is to comply with all guidance, including guidance conveyed through Frequently Asked Questions, as amended, for contractor or subcontractor workplace locations published by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (Task Force Guidance) at https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/. All employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. All individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, to comply with published Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance for masking and physical distancing at a covered contractor workplace, as discussed in the Task Force guidance.
To facilitate compliance, CivicActions is taking the following steps:
- This policy applies to all employees of CivicActions, Inc. working in the United States
- By October 18th, If you are currently vaccinated, you should submit proof of vaccination to the Covid-19 Workplace Safety coordinator, Marc Jones.
- If needed, you are strongly encouraged to request an exemption or notify Marc of a request for exemption by October 18th to ensure exemption requests can be evaluated with minimal disruption.
- To submit the proof of vaccination documentation you may (a) upload the documentation to GDrive and share it directly with firstname.lastname@example.org, (b) email the documentation to email@example.com; or (c) send the documentation via a Slack DM to @marcjones.
- All documentation of an individual's compliance with the policy will be stored in a confidential/medical personnel file, separate from the individual's personnel file.
- Current team members must be in compliance no later than January 18, 2022.
- Effective October 18th, new hires must be in compliance prior to their first day of work.
- Individuals who are not in compliance with the requirements by January 18th, 2022 will be placed on unpaid leave until February 15, 2022. Individuals who come into compliance no later than February 15, 2022 will be offered the opportunity to return to work. Employment will end for Individuals who are not in compliance with this policy not later than February 15, 2022.
If you have not been fully vaccinated yet and are planning to do so, you should prioritize scheduling an appointment to get vaccinated. Our flexible time off policy allows individuals to take time off for medical appointments during work hours, including to get vaccines. You should prioritize getting the vaccine as soon as practical. Project Managers and supervisors are expected to prioritize work schedules to give team members time to get vaccinated as soon as practical.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do all CivicActions, Inc. team members including those who work remotely need to get vaccinated?
Yes, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.
2. Where can I get vaccinated?
- U.S. residents can find information about vaccination locations at https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Ontario residents can find information about vaccination locations at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations
3. Does this policy apply to employees working in Canada or for CivicActions Digital Services, ULC?
No. At this time employees of CDSULC and who work full time outside of the United States are not required to provide proof of vaccination and are not required to comply with the Task Force Guidance except when working within the territory of U.S. CivicActions strongly encourages all employees of CDSULC to get vaccinated as soon as practical.
4. Do I need to engage in physical distancing or am I required to wear a mask while working?
Generally, no. You are not required to comply with published Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance for masking and physical distancing while working from your personal residence. However you must comply with published Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance for masking and physical distancing if you do any CivicActions work at any location besides your personal residence.
5. Where can I find out additional information?
CivicActions is aligning its company policy with the Safer Federal Workforce Guidance for Federal Contractors. You can find additional information on those guidelines at https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/. The Task Force Guidance includes:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccination and Safety Protocols
- Scope and Applicability of Task Force Guidance for Federal Contractors
- Onsite Contractor Employees and Federal Workplace Safety Protocols