CivicActions' Elevator Pitch
Are you prepared for the "so, what does your company do" questions? Having an elevator pitch in mind is useful, not just for conferences, but also for every day networking.
Think about when you're at a gathering and you're excited about your new job and someone asks you to tell them more... what will you say? Don't sweat it, be prepared!
Here's a sample:
them: What do you do?
me: We are fixing our government.
me: Have you read about the opioid crisis?
me: Well, one of our clients is the federal agency CMS. For CMS, we help them make data available on the financial relationship between drug manufactures and physicians. This makes it possible for non profits and journalists to study the links between payments to physicians by manufacturers. We are also helping veterans by making it easy to get support when they need it most.
me: The vision, in short, is to make our world work great for everyone. We focus on improving government. I personally am doing...
Some points to keep in mind:
- CivicActions - Open Technology & Design
- We care about sustainability for all - environmental and financial
- We improve digital services for government
- We use agile, DevOps, open data, and free software
- We want to create an open and accountable government
- We work to transform government with free and open technologies and agile processes
- We have an amazing company culture, and we're looking for new team members to join our mission!
- CivicActions works to transform government by providing digital services and open data using agile practices, user centered design, and free and open source software. We support the work of the AGL Association (a network of government innovators) and are members of the Digital Services Coalition and Data Coalition.
- CivicActions aims to transform government by empowering public sector agencies to deliver digital experiences that are innovative and rewarding. We are passionate civic technologists committed to a better world.
Here's a presentation about making your own elevator pitch: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xOBQqEHC0o95oLo5lpul97p4gV4ZgzdRaqq03mpzTYc/edit#slide=id.g1dc5842bd_012
What's an elevator pitch anyhow? http://speakingppt.com/3-best-elevator-pitches/