Mission, Value Proposition, and Operating Principles
Transform the way professional services are delivered in government.
CivicActions partners with government agency executives, directors, and managers; IT staff and department leaders; and other agents of change who seek to transform the user experience of government by providing modern digital services that are innovative, intuitive, and rewarding.
CivicActions offers experienced software engineering, design, and project management teams with proven skills and emotional intelligence that partner with agencies and staff to ascertain user needs, deliver simplified online and mobile experiences, automate and secure internal IT processes, provide empathetic user support, and employ the principles of the U.S. Digital Services Playbook.
CivicActions specializes in and advocates for agile ways of working and thinking, free and open source software and data, collaboration and training for client capacity building, and the empowerment of teams to accomplish agency objectives on time and on budget while fostering a culture of government transformation.
PUT THE PUBLIC FIRST
- We actively seek projects that contribute to the greater good.
- We welcome challenges and excel at solving the toughest problems.
- We continuously engage users to inform our design and technical decisions.
EMBRACE NEW THINKING
- We stay at the leading edge because we care about our work and the people we serve.
- We have the courage to experiment because it leads to accelerated learning and innovation.
- We commit to continuous learning to improve our practices and effectiveness.
BE EXPERTLY AGILE
- We build flexible, cross-functional teams with the right blend of creativity and capability.
- We regularly retrospect on our processes to make them stronger and more relevant.
- We honor our commitments and take full responsibility for our actions.
- We welcome challenges and play as a winning team.
BE FIERCELY OPEN & TRANSPARENT
- We communicate with honesty, clarity, and empathy internally and externally.
- We actively share our work, expertise, and insights so partners are empowered long after our engagements conclude.
- We prioritize public licenses in design, data, and software over proprietary solutions.
- We uphold a positive culture and strive for a healthy working environment.
- We actively encourage business practices that support physical and emotional well-being.
- We honor the priorities that drive our personal, professional, and spiritual lives.