Git and SSH
Many projects use git. Here are some references to review if you are unfamiliar with it.
- Getting Git Right
- Version Control with Git book
- Learn "how git works" at a lower level, and some useful stuff like rebasing (workflow and interactive), reflog etc Video
- If you want a non-video companion to the first half, this is a great place to start.
*.civicactions.net requires port 940. You can add
-p 940 with every ssh command, or you can do this to make use port 940 every time:
- Create a
~/.ssh/configfile if you don't already have one.
- Then add these lines.
Host *.civicactions.net Port 940
Gitlab and SSH
- Someone will have created a Gitlab account for new employee, they should search email for git.civicactions.net for the welcome email
- Upload public key to git.civicactions.net
- Create a ~/.ssh/config file if you don't already have one, then add one, and add the lines in the description of this card up above.